Green Diamond Resource Company
405 Bay Street, Fairhaven, CA
This is a unique job working as an Electrician on a marine dock on Humboldt Bay in Samoa, CA. There are limited employees at this production facility where wood chips are stored and shipped. The wood chips are loaded onto vessels bound for both domestic and overseas markets.
Effectively service, troubleshoot, PM (preventive maintenance), repair or install high voltage electrical and electronic equipment and related components as required in a marine environment in support of wood chip production. Work in close coordination with other maintenance and production employees, following direction from the Supervisory staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Performs preventive maintenance and calibration of process control equipment and be able to evaluate equipment operation and make recommendation for improvement or repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs a/c motors and controls.
- Performs programmable logic controller (PLC) programing as needed.
- Reads, writes and understands electrical schematics, drawings, diagrams and follow written directions to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
- Must be able to trace out grounded systems (AC or DC).
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics so as to troubleshoot systems.
- Ensure 4,160 volt supply line to the dock is maintained and serviced regularly.
- Ensure 4,160 volt ground connection to steel pile group of the main dock is maintained/repaired as needed. This ground can only be accessed by work barge or skiff during minus low tide.
- Installs electrical conduit in compliance with industry standards and regulations, as needed.
- Participates actively in Company safety program. Works in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- Reads work orders, PM sheets, mechanical drawings, layout and power transmission.
- Performs cutting and welding as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have successfully completed electrical education training/certification or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Must possess the ability to quickly troubleshoot electrical or computer problems.
- Must understand electrical and electron theory.
- Demonstrates competent electrical, electronic and computer troubleshooting skills associated with machinery servicing, breakdown and repair.
- Must have knowledge and experience with programmable logic controller (PLC) programming.
- Must perform preventive maintenance and calibration of process control equipment.
- Must be able to design and install electrical systems.
- Must pass TSA background check in order to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). This is required in order to load foreign flagged vessels.
- Must be proficient in work barge and skiff operation.
- Must be able to conduct repairs or service work in marine environment and at heights of up to 180 feet.
- Ability to work any shift as needed.
- Ability to make decisions in time constraints.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is located in Samoa, CA.
- Requires the use of standard safety equipment in regulation with Green Diamond.
- Industrial manufacturing setting which requires being able to maneuver around working and moving equipment.
- Ability to travel to other facilities, attend training and company functions.
- Must maintain punctual and regular attendance and present appropriate professional appearance at all times.
- Follow all lockout / blockout procedures. Use all personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and work in tight spaced and around moving equipment, work in dark, dusty, and or high, windy environments.
- Must be able to perform work while maneuvering in barge or skiff on the water using appropriate PPE for the job.
- Must be able to perform work at high elevations over water using appropriate PPE for the job.
- This position may be exposed to wood dust, fumes and vapors.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.