Green Diamond Resource Company
6400 Hwy 66, Klamath Falls
The choker setter is responsible for pulling and securing choker cables around logs for yarding from the forest unit cutting area to landing area in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Work safely to pull cables from logging landing, through and around brush and stumps over uneven terrain to remove fallen logs in all types of weather conditions
- Assist rigging slinger, installing, dismantling and moving systems
- Maneuver 40 to 100 pound chokers and blocks frequently
- Communicate safe log movement instructions using radio and/or hand signals
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work well with others in close coordination
- Must comply with all established safety requirements
- Must be alert to potential hazards and respond appropriately
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
- Frequently exposed to exposed fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration and a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 40 to 100 pounds on a daily basis.
- Noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud, hearing protection is provided.
- Must maintain punctual and regular attendance at all times.
- Requires the use of standard safety equipment in regulation with Oregon Operations.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.