SOUTHERN OREGON HISTORICAL SOCIETY
PART-TIME SALARIED POSITION
$18- $20.00/hour depending on experience, for a maximum of 250 hours
TO APPLY: go to http://sohs.org/ec to answer questions and submit your resume. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/8/2021
Contract runs from February to November 2021
- Develop, coordinate, and manage volunteers for three family-oriented “Summer Thursday Evening” heritage style events, working with the Hanley Farm Event Planning Committee.
- Work with the webmaster, Technology Coordinator, and Education Advisory Committee on developing content for the SOHS education website .
- Contact appropriate schools and teachers to promote use and evaluation of the website.
- Give updates and reports on activities to the three appropriate committees.
- When called upon, provide appropriate children’s activities for other SOHS general activities, presentations, and fund-raisers.
- Oversee development of three “History Traveling Trunks” and make them available to schools and organizations, maintaining accurate records of their use.
- Be available to extend contract into the fall to develop and carry out a “Children’s Harvest Fair”. This would include contacting teachers, preparing and organizing activities, securing donations, supervising the training of volunteers.
- The coordinator will be reporting to the Education Advisory Committee.
- Experience teaching or directly working with children at the elementary level; certification a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with curriculum development and instructional techniques at the elementary school level.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with and within the local educational community.
- An ability to work successfully with several SOHS committees on developing new programs and projects.
- Strong skills in supervising, scheduling, and coordinating volunteers, respectfully and with enthusiasm.
- Ability to learn and work with technology.
- A background and on-going interest in local history is helpful.
Contact Cyndi Noyes, SOHS Office Manager at 541-773-6536, ext. 202 with questions.
The Southern Oregon Historical Society is a non-profit organization owned by its members and operated primarily by volunteers. The Board of Trustees make policy and long range planning decisions that are implemented by ten different committees operating at the behest of the Trustees.
SOHS owns and operates the History Center in downtown Medford where a research library is located; Hanley Farm Living History Museum between Jacksonville and Central Point, and a collection storage facility in White City. The society’s collection is the second largest in Oregon, and plans are underway for a museum. Paid employees include an Archivist, an Assistant Curator, an Office Manager, and a Technology Coordinator
The Education Coordinator position is grant funded and not guaranteed beyond this year.