Jackson County Library Services
$17.95 TO $22.49 PER HOUR
CLOSES JANUARY 4, 2023 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Facilities Assistant performs a variety of duties related to the operations and maintenance of the 15 library branches throughout the Library District. The Facilities Assistant is responsible for assembly, disassembly, and movement of furniture, some light facilities maintenance, and regular and responsive monitoring of the Library's internal ticketing system. Through excellent customer service to library staff, the Facilities Assistant contributes to the enrichment of Jackson County library patrons' experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors and responds to facilities tickets in internal Zendesk ticketing system
• Assists with ordering, maintaining supply inventory, and distribution of PPE and other related supplies
• Assists with building access needs (keys, etc.)
• Acts as backup for Operations Coordinator
• Communicate facility-related needs with staff and contractors
• Performs minor repairs and/or light assembly
• May mount whiteboards, hang artwork, clocks, etc.
• May perform light janitorial work
• Evaluates and assesses building needs and makes recommendations to supervisor
• Stay up to date with safety procedures and training
• Regular attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, hand and electric tools
• Strong organizational, program and project execution skills.
• Familiarity and proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 suite
• Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with team members, stakeholders and external vendors and partners.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills to assess and continuously improve process, practices and tools in areas of responsibility.
• Knowledge of help desk software systems.
• Ability to read a variety of correspondence, technical manuals, newsletters and communicate with vendors and contractors.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Familiarity with the basics of building systems, such as; HVAC, electrical or plumbing.
• Experience with building maintenance.
• Must have valid driver's license and required mandatory insurance when operating a privately owned vehicle for business purposes.
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per JCLS Board Policy.
• Criminal background check required.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.