Jackson County Library Services
$33.86 TO $42.41 PER HOUR
$70,429 TO $88,213 PER YEAR
CLOSES MAY 7, 2023 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://jcls.pshire.com/jobs/394.html
The Network Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring, documenting and maintenance of the JCLS Network which directly supports the mission of the Library District. Oversees all design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor, troubleshoot, repair and replace networking components, network support software and related elements in a predominately Cisco-based networking environment.
• Monitor network by evaluating performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, latency.
• Maintain computer networks and systems including servers, software and other physical hardware.
• Conduct software installation, repair and replacement in a Microsoft Windows and Active Directory environment.
• Respond to problems or tickets in a timely manner, according to the Service Level Agreement.
• Provide after-hours support for staff as well as support for evening and weekend maintenance and upgrades.
• Secure JCLS network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation and maintaining documentation.
• Administration of the VOIP phone system, Microsoft 365 and other Library specific software.
• Work closely with the IT team to plan, deploy, maintain and replace technology solutions.
• Ability to continuously develop professionally through available trade publications, technical documentation, online courseware and webinars to remain current with technological advances.
• Microsoft IIS administration and configuration.
• User and group administrator for Active Directory
• Performs day-to-day maintenance of network servers (backups, administration, hardware maintenance).
• Update virus protection software to keep data and communications protected.
• Responsible for a variety of network protocols, settings, configurations and maintenance of software and hardware involved in the LAN / WAN operations of JCLS.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of JCLS network hardware, as well as for Microsoft 365, e-mail, and firewall administration.
• Develop, monitor and document disaster recovery processes, security alignments and compliance procedures.
• Define network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Serve as a key technical resource, providing advice, training, and technical support for various projects.
• Conduct accurate inventories of networking equipment and supporting software.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in all interactions with staff, customers and vendors.
• Update the maintenance and replacement cycle schedule for all networking equipment.
• Communicate networking issues to staff in a layman's term and friendly manner.
• Monitor Help Desk system, respond and resolve issues and fully document solutions, and update applicable technical documents.
• Establish and work with outside vendors to obtain pricing and coordinate meetings.
• Demonstrate and practice thorough electrical safety precautions.
• Perform other duties as assigned and carry out special tasks at Management's direction.
• Regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues and upgrades.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
• Proficient with Cisco IOS, Microsoft command line scripting, Power Shell and batch programming.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to solve problems and think critically with all undertakings.
• Ability to contribute within a team environment.
• Required to interact and communicate with JCLS staff at all levels, through various means, in a friendly, clear, and concise manner.
• Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the OSI model, and its application to install networking technologies.
• Demonstrate an operational knowledge of IP addressing, subnetting, VLAN and routing concepts.
• Basic operational knowledge of HTML, Microsoft SQL and PowerShell programming.
• Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the proper usage of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
• Leadership skills that promote teamwork and results across the district.
• Ability to explain complex technology concepts in ways that are easily understandable to all staff.
• Excellent project management skills with attention to details.
• Self-starter and motivated to advance technology concepts within district and industry standards.
• Actively support and respect diversity in the workplace.
• Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in computer support or certificates in networking technologies
• At least one industry standard certification, such as CompTIA Net+ and/or Cisco CCNA. Additional progress towards other Cisco certifications such as CCNP will be taken into consideration.
• Two years of experience demonstrating a fundamental working knowledge of routing, switching, wireless, VoIP and adaptive security (ASA) technologies as they relate to Cisco implementation.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or computer engineering.
• Criminal background check required.
• Valid Driver's License to travel between branches.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.